Thursday 13 February 2014

Rainy day

It's Thursday again, and this week's question on Booking Through Thursday is:

For most of the east coast, at least, it’s a wintry, snowy day today, so … How do you like to spend your snow days? Feel free to gloss over the obligatory parts like shoveling unless you LIKE it. We’re talking ideal, best way to spend a snow day kind of thoughts, here.

For those of you who live in places where snow days simply don’t happen? Feel free to substitute “snow” with “rain” and think about the kind of days when you just want to cuddle up inside where it’s warm and dry.

Sadly, I definitely fall into the 'no snow' category. I love snow, but we almost never get a fall of snow that stays here in the UK, and this winter we've had none at all so far. We have had plenty of rainy days, though - I'm sure some of you have seen on the news (or experienced) the recent storms over here, and while there's been nothing dramatic where I am, it's been pretty wet, windy and unpleasant.

The first thing I need on a cold wet day is a blanket, and then a nice big jumper. Then, curling up on the sofa with a pint of tea and, predictably, a book, is my favourite thing to do. I wish I could add a cat to get in the way and cover everything with fur, but I'm not allowed pets here. Books aside, some trashy TV always goes down well with a blanket and cup of tea too.

In other news, I've almost finished The Sealed Letter - more on that later today, or tomorrow.

3 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

A blanket, tea and a book sounds wonderful. Enjoy your reading today.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, there you go...blankets, books, and trashy TV! LOL

And tea, of course. Enjoy!

Here's MY BTT POST


Lisa Mandina said...

Sounds like my kind of bad weather day!
Check out my BTT post