Thursday 26 June 2014

Anticipation

This week's Booking Through Thursday is:

Do you still get excited about new books as you did when you were little? In general? New books in particular, like from a favorite author? Or do you look at all new, unread books with the same level of anticipation?

If anything, I get more excited about new books now, because I'm much more aware of living authors than when I was a child. I'll only go out of my way to buy newly published books if they're by a favourite author still writing, like Terry Pratchett, Brandon Sanderson or George R R Martin (does GRRM count as 'still writing'? Barely...)

I do get really excited looking over my book collection and seeing what I still have left to read - seeing all the potential still waiting makes me want to charge right through the book I'm on just to get there.

1 comment:

La Coccinelle said...

My TBR pile has the opposite effect sometimes. I feel overwhelmed and like I might as well stop right now because I'll never get through them all anyway! :)