Thursday 2 October 2014

Books for illness

This week's Booking Through Thursday is:

What do you read when you’re sick and just want something easy and comforting? Or do you watch TV instead? (Assuming you’re not napping, of course.)


I try to only have one book going at once, so usually if I get ill I'm stuck with whichever book I was reading anyway. The kind I enjoy most when I'm feeling run down are nice, reassuring books - something in a series or by a prolific author, where you know what to expect. Regency society comedies along the lines of Jane Austen make for lovely, relaxing escapism. Safe, forgiving murder mysteries like the Cadfael series or Agatha Christie are great for distracting you more gently than the modern, gritty style.

How about you? What are your favourite books when you're feeling ill?

1 comment:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I go for something light. Mostly when I'm ill, I just want to sleep and watch television. Here's my answer: 2 Kids and Tired Books BTT