Thursday 18 June 2015

Travelling

This week's Booking Through Thursday is:

When you travel, do you bring one book with you? Or a pile of them?

And, is that pile still a load of paper to lug around? Or do you use an e-book reader like a Kindle or your iPad to help carry the load? (Because, even if you prefer paper, it can get heavy when you’re traveling!)


It depends on how long a journey I'm going on, but I always try to take one more book than I think I'll need, just in case. In spite of the inconvenience I still can't bring myself to buy a Kindle, so it's physical books for me. I do make sure that I choose relatively small, densely-typed paperbacks to cut down on weight and luggage space, though.

Much of the time I'll end up accidentally buying more books when I'm away, so I'll come back with twice the quantity I left with in any case!

3 comments:

Kim@Time2Read said...

I bring both along. You can read more about it on my blog post.

RobinfromCA said...

I love your comment about "accidentally" buying new books while you're gone! I do the same thing. And even now when I have succumbed to reading on my iPad (only when I travel) I will come home with new paper books in my suitcase! My answer is here: http://robinfromcabooksandmorebooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/booking-through-thursday-vacation.html

Happy reading!

Kwizgiver said...

I'm an e-reader convert, I didn't think I would like it but now I love it!